Hello. We like to collect well-designed vintage pottery (and lots of other stuff) from the 1950s,
'60s and '70s. Here are some pictures and info of a selection of the things we've found.

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Aviemore Pottery. One to watch for the future, perhaps.










These vintage vases are by Aviemore Pottery, Scotland.

And, I'm sorry to say, that's just about all I know about them. I don't know who designed, made or decorated them. I'm not even sure when they were made but would guess they are from the late 1970s. So perhaps this is a fairly useless blog-post.

Well maybe. But I did want to show these pots because they do have some style about them. For a start, they have elegant shapes (I like the very narrow necks – even though this makes them impractical for holding flowers), the glazes are silky semi-matt in subtle colour shades, and the abstract resist patterns add the feeling that they were individually hand-crafted.

There's one other interesting thing about Aviemore Pottery like this – at the moment, it seems to be a very good value buy. You can pick up a small bottle vase on Ebay for less than £5.00. A large vase, like the one in the top picture, would cost around £18.00.

One to watch for the future, perhaps.

If you do know anything about Aviemore Pottery, I would be keen to fill-in some of the blanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment