Hello. We like to collect well-designed vintage pottery (and lots of other stuff) from the 1950s,
'60s and '70s. Here are some pictures and info of a selection of the things we've found.

Sunday 15 May 2011

Dagny and Finn Hald stoneware pottery. A Potshot not-got.












Here are some pictures of some beautiful pots.

On this occasion, they're not my pictures and, unfortunately, not my pots.

The pots are from Norway and are by husband and wife Dagny and Finn Hald. The two ceramic artists produced these wonderful stoneware vessels in the 1950s. I like the simple shapes and earthy colours. The expressive decoration reminds me of tribal or aboriginal art.

The pictures are from an excellent book I found some time age – A Treasury of Scandinavian Design, Edited by Erik Zahle, Published by Golden Press, New York, 1961. The book covers the design work of Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden from the 1950s. I hope to show more of this book at a later date.

So far I have not been able to find a Hald pot of my own – but a lucky someone who did is here: Hald pottery at Retro Scandinavian 

And (thanks Janne) also here:  Finn Hald at What's blogging my view

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is interesting! I have to look for that book... Have you seen my Finn Hald's, btw? (He is almost a local.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Janne. You have a very nice Hald pot there. I'll post a link, if that's OK with you.

    ReplyDelete