Hello. We like to collect well-designed vintage pottery (and lots of other stuff) from the 1950s,
'60s and '70s. Here are some pictures and info of a selection of the things we've found.

Thursday 5 May 2011

Upsala Ekeby blue vase. Nice but a bit of a mystery














Doing the last couple of posts on Scandinavian, textured pottery reminded me that I had this vase. It's a bit of a mystery, really.

The vase is about 6 inches (15cm) high. It has a printed maker's mark for Upsala Ekeby, Sweden on the base along with the word Gefle. Apart from that, I don't know a lot about it. I don't know the designer or even when it was made. Any ideas? I do like to put a designers name to a pot, when I can. The vase has raised areas of unglazed stoneware, the recesses and the rest of the pot are in a nice blue colour.

There's more information on Upsala Ekeby pottery here Upsala Ekeby at Decopediia

2 comments:

  1. I think this is by Ana Lisa Thomson, I have a similar plate with ALT on the bottom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you to an anonymous reader for passing on information on a possible designer for this vase. I'll see what I can find on Ana's work.

    ReplyDelete