Hello. We like to collect well-designed vintage pottery (and lots of other stuff) from the 1950s,
'60s and '70s. Here are some pictures and info of a selection of the things we've found.

Wednesday 12 September 2012

Multicoloured slipware from 1961



























More slip decorated pottery, and more Hornsea Pottery. (I promise to find some non- Hornsea pottery to show you after these).

These funky vases feature a whirly, swirly design in bands of contrasting colours. Known (for obvious reasons) as multicoloured slipware vases, they were made by Hornsea in 1961.

I think there were four vases produced in this range with slight variations in size and shape. I like them because as a result of the hand-made application of the design, each pot is unique, an individual creation, and no two pots are alike.

OK, no more Hornsea for a while.

5 comments:

  1. Who's complaining? Hornsea away I say! I have learnt so much about Hornsea from your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful-and the colours are just perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just come over from Retro Pottery Net. What a fantastic collection and lovely personal commentary. I'll be back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are amazing..so beautiful ...my RSS feed stopped without me noticing for a while now I have all these amazing posts to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found my way to you while searching on Google to trace some Hornsea pottery I have. What a happy co-incidence! I have one of these Multi-coloured slip-ware vases. They really are lovely. I have other pieces which you might find interesting and I will try to photograph these and put them on my
    blog which has been silent for some time due to health problems. Meanwhile I will 'join' you and come back to look at some more of your treasures!

    ReplyDelete