Hello. We like to collect well-designed vintage pottery (and lots of other stuff) from the 1950s,
'60s and '70s. Here are some pictures and info of a selection of the things we've found.

Monday 7 January 2013

Mdina bottle vase and stopper.








Some time ago I did a blogpost on a couple of Mdina vases. Remember this: Mdina vases

I said then that I'd try to show some more Mdina. Well, better late than never.

This Mdina bottle vase and stopper has been in the Potshots collection for a quite a while now so, as I was photographing some items of glassware the other day, I decided to do a quick shot of it for the blog-site. I'm glad I did because the shot turned out quite well. It's probably because the colours in the glass are so good and the shape is so well proportioned. I specially like the flattened out top on the neck of the vase. And those swirls of colour in the body of the glass.

I would guess the vase dates from the 1970s.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovley picture of a gorgeous piece! You have a great blog, I've been looking into it for a while now, but still haven't gotten around to writing a comment. Love all the glass and pottery you're showing us, I'm quite a pottery addict, and it's always nice to discover amazing new stuff!

    ReplyDelete